The Hot Seat

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. - Winston Churchill

Monday, February 14, 2005

Free(Penguin) Love

First of all, this post is not meant to be anti-gay in any way shape or form. I think the homophobia in our society has reached distressing levels and I certainly don't want to add to it.

This post is dedicated to the pursuit of comedy.

That being said, bring on the penguins.

Confused? What do penguins have to do with homophobia?

Apparently everything...

From the BBC:
"Gay rights activists have protested at a north German zoo's plans to test the sexual orientation of six male penguins which have displayed homosexual traits."[...]

"The zoo says it just wants to encourage the rare Humboldt penguins to breed.[...]
"Nobody here wants to forcibly separate homosexual couples," she said."
Gay outrage over penguin sex test


Which is good to know...

I could go into a whole diatribe about how this illustrates the capacity of human beings to get upset over the smallest things. You know, the tendency for people to separate into antagonistic factions at the slightest pressure.

..but I think we all know that isn't why I posted this.

So if you're like me, you'll have a good laugh and wait for the more intellectually stimulating content (I assure you it's coming)

Or, if you want me to stick with the penguin thing, tag on a comment and I'll consider it

I aim to please.

Peace and Penguin Love Folks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home