The Hot Seat

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. - Winston Churchill

Friday, July 22, 2005

Shedding A Little Light on London

Listen to NPR?

You should. I don't care what you've heard a person who listens to "Morning Edition","All Things Considered", "The World" etc. Is a more informed person.

The net is great and has largely made TV news obsolete, but it still hasn't quite caught up to NPR. Besides they have a website for all you webheads with Broad band.

http://www.npr.org

Go, Listen, Learn.

But enough of that, let me tell you what I heard lately on NPR.

It is becoming common for people to speak of London's Muslim community from the outside yelling in so to speaks. NPR gave the the heads up on the BBC's Asian Network. Many of Britain's Muslims are of South Asian origin. The bombers themselves were Pakistani.

The Asian Network plays Asian music and also includes news with occasional input from the Asian community.

The chance for first-hand voices from a little understood community may well be valuable.

1 Comments:

  • Dear Alesis,
    I hope and pray that your operation went well... I remember that my teacher in social work class told me to listen to NPR in the mornings, and I did it... So I could get an A in the class, but since then I haven't really been listening. But at least I can pray for London... for all it's worth... Take care.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home