The Hot Seat

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. - Winston Churchill

Friday, September 02, 2005

Astrodome Closed

I'll assume you're relatively up to speed on the sinking of New Orleans. I'll do a back post on that as soon as I get my though together.

For now simply a heads up. The Astrodome over-estimated the amount of people it could hold and now several bus loads of refugees are without a place to stay. This situation is clearly entirely out of hand for now. I've been wondering whether there are any facilities in nearby Jackson, Miss.

Dallas and San Antonio are trying to find space as well.

1 Comments:

  • Permalink
    Posted by Lakshmi Chaudhry at 12:07 PM on September 2, 2005. The comments of FEMA chief Mike Brown reflect a wilful denial of the realities of race and class in America.
    I’m realizing how cool blogs are. I see you did a nice job with yours. Here’s a sight of mines you can look at. It basically covers everything from Dell Notebook Accessories to a multitude of notebook computer topics.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home