The Hot Seat

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. - Winston Churchill

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Moving Right Along...

Yep, I'm still around.

I've been somewhat busy again with school and scheduling but I almost have things worked out to the point where I get at least a couple hours a week to think about blogging.....

...Enough of my lies let's get to some truths.

True: I figure I'm a shoe-in for student government, seeing as there where four slots for senator and four people running.

True: For any Oakwood students that happen to read this blog (Ha!) I'm be starting a separate blog just for my own reports from student government. At least once a week and when situations arise I will post a report. Suggestions and comments are welcome from anyone.

True: On the political side the UN World Summit has started and I'll be watching and blogging.

From the BBC:
Monarchs, presidents and prime ministers are attending the largest global summit in history at the United Nations headquarters in New York.

About 150 world leaders are at the 2005 World Summit, which marks 60 years since the founding of the UN.

The summit was preceded by bitter negotiations and an eventual compromise deal on plans for UN reform and proposals to tackle global poverty.

UN Secretary General Kofi Annan said the watered-down deal was a "disgrace".
Link


So, heap-big summit with much tension off the bat, I'm all ears.

Look like the US government is pretty intent on not working to alleviate global poverty. Or rather they are committed to the goals, just not any specific way to accomplish them...

Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home