The Hot Seat

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. - Winston Churchill

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Random Baloney on a Sleepy Saturday Afternoon

It's been a while since I've done a personal post.

It's probably because I'm not a very personal person much of the time. I probably spend more time think about Iraq policy than thinking about how my day's been.

I just ...do it.. I guess.

..but under my admirable titanium exterior lies a heart of flesh...

Or so I've been told, and I'm inclined to believe it because these donuts next to me are really talking about now and even though I shouldn't....

So while I eat here's some food for thought.

I love complaints.

I mean it. I like making them. I like hearing them, I love the tone of a person with a complaint.

Don't get me wrong, I hate whining and whiners with a passion. There is nothing more annoying than a person complaining out of proportion to a trouble.

..but the well poised, appropriate complaint is a thing of beauty.

I have never been with the endlessly cheery "just be grateful" crowd. It runs directly counter to the core of my being to let a problem stand unanswered. It's probably what keeps me doing well in school, I'm an engineering major so it's likely what will keep me going in life.

Something wrong...must fix.

That is my mindset in a nutshell.

It's why I joined the student government, it's why I work as a tutor, it's part of the reason I participate at America's Debate.

So something to learn about me, if you have a complaint.. I wouldn't just bother to hear it.

I want to hear it, so out with it.

I fixed a problem with the sidebar, which though it seemed to work fine with Firefox, wasn't so hot on IE.

Hopefully that's done if there is any problem with the site that bugs you, feel free to complain to your hearts content.

If there's anything I say at AD that gets on your nerves, PM me and we'll talk about it.

If those who know me personally have a problem with something I do or don't do, say so.

I like to know I'm making myself useful so the complaint box is officially open.

1 Comments:

  • I never knew...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home