The Hot Seat

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. - Winston Churchill

Saturday, November 12, 2005

"God Loses Election: Robertson Furious"

First I'd like to point out that it is a perfectly gorgeous day where I'm sitting. Low seventies for the high, not a cloud to be seen, a nice breeze...

I've always said summer was my favorite season, but fall is making the bid for an upset this year.

Speaking of upset.
"I'd like to say to the good citizens of Dover: If there is a disaster in your area, don't turn to God. You just rejected him from your city,[...]God is tolerant and loving, but we can't keep sticking our finger in his eye forever. If they have future problems in Dover, I recommend they call on Charles Darwin. Maybe he can help them"


That's Pat Robertson everybody. Yes Pat "whack Chavez!" Robertson, a living testament that no affiliation with God is necessary to be a televangelist.

His fury invoked by the untolerable decision of the town to vote out school board members who insisted creationism be taught in schools.

Whatever your postion on that debate, I don't have to explain that both in terms of common sense and Christian doctrine, it takes a special sort of moron, an idiot par excellence, to think such a thing, let alone say it on national television.

..but this comes as no surprise.

In October 2003, he suggested that the State Department be blown up with a nuclear device. He has also said that feminism encourages women to "kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."
Link

Wait, I get the joke now. The only way we could find a worst "pastor" is to cram Satan himself into a pinstripe suit and give him a white collar to play with.

I weep for the future of humanity if this man is not removed from the airwaves within the month.

I'll get my Kleenex ready.

1 Comments:

  • That's funny. How can a person who advocates assasinations and is so intolorent towards so many be considered a preacher? Man, anyone can jump up and preach anything.

    By Blogger Internet Street Philosopher, at 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home