The Hot Seat

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. - Winston Churchill

Friday, January 27, 2006

How Weird Are You?

I try and honor requests, just for cosmic brownie points or something.

More likely, I've got nothing better to do, so if someone comes up with something, I'm game.

This might be a tough one as its about that subject more difficult than all others: Myself.

I try not to talk about myself too much and when I do I usually regret it as I consider my own little personal struggles pretty boring.

That said let's see what my iron sieve of a memory has got for us today.

I've been tagged to give five weird habits I have... I don't know that I have that many. Weird is less a set of actions for me than a state of being.

Here's What I Got:
1. I run. Not necessarily outdoors or for any lengthy period of time. I may be wandering around in my Pj's at one in the morning ready to call it a day and suddenly the urge to run comes over me. So I sprint the three feet to the door (it's a dorm room<--- oxymoron). I usually feel a little better then, until tomorrow when the 36-inch dash begins again.

2
. I tell jokes to myself and generally daydream an awful lot. This results in my bursting into spontaneous chuckles for no apparent reason. When this happens don't be alarmed. I'm not insane (in any dangerous way), I've just made some corny joke in my head that I think is funny, it'll pass. If I'm nervous I'll also mutter my thoughts, mostly I think I like to hear the sound of my own voice at those moments, lets me know I'm still with me.

3. I sleep with a fan on, sometimes full blast, in the middle of winter and any other time. If it's cold I'll turn it away from myself, but it must be on in order for my brain to be assured that it is sleep time and the day is over. That's my ritual and I'm sticking with it.

4. I scan rooms I'm in almost constantly, looking from place to place. Unless I judge something worthy of my full visual attention I turn to get a better look at the majority of things that wander into my peripheral vision. I don't look at people when they talk to me unless I'm purposely trying to be reassuring. I can listen with my ears and talk with my mouth. To me eyes aren't an essential part of conversation. If they are few people in a room I look at every person who enters briefly. Not looking for anyone persay just keeping my beady eyes on my surroundings.

5. Phones make me uncomfortable for some reason. Even if someone calls who I actually want to talk to, I'm always hesitant to pick the things up. It's a little better once its against my ear and out of sight, but looking at a ringing phone always make me a bit uneasy. As a result I very rarely call anyone just to chat. Essential messages and then put the devil machine down. Same thing with IM. I think I just don't like the idea of real-time communication that doesn't involve actually being near the person your communicated with.

As I alluded to earlier I don't need to see them, as long as I know they're actually, you know, "there".


That's usually as weird as I get, though I can't make any promises as stranger things have been know to happen.

Five folks to bug now... and ask to similarly list five weird habits. The AD'er have almost been used up, fortunately I have other people to annoy.

1. CJ (My Roomate)
2. Tim (whose link I need to update, I'll just e-mail this post to him)
3. Eeyore
I'll come up with to more later, the wanderlust has come over me once more.

2 Comments:

  • This definately explains some things. And my link is http://blog.myspace.com/tim_0. Please add it because I need traffic! And that is a zero at the end of the address...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 AM  

  • Oh yeah, you can come to my blog and see my weird things also

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home