The Hot Seat

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. - Winston Churchill

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Pat's at it again

Whenever I am tempted to regain my faith in the intelligence and compassion of the average Joe, I can always count on Pat "the Ayatollah's gots nothin' on me" Robertson.

Television evangelist Pat Robertson suggested Thursday that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was divine retribution for the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, which Robertson opposed.

'He was dividing God's land, and I would say, 'Woe unto any prime minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the [European Union], the United Nations or the United States of America,''Robertson told viewers of his long-running television show, 'The 700 Club.'
Link


A fellow AD'er by the tag BoF made a funny.

I wonder what transgression Robertson will commit when "god" finally calls for his demise?
Maybe he'll be offed by a falling crate of Bibles.

He ought to have some contact with it before he shuffles off this mortal coil.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home