The Hot Seat

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. - Winston Churchill

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Cheney's Collateral Damage

When I first read this I laughed.

I ought to be ashamed of myself.

The US Vice-President, Dick Cheney, has accidentally shot and injured a man
during a quail hunting trip in Texas. [...]Ranch owner Katharine Armstrong said
Mr Whittington, 78, had been taken to Corpus Christi Memorial Hospital where was
said to be "alert and doing fine".
According to a spokeswoman, Mr Cheney
spent Sunday afternoon at the hospital.

Link

So will Human Right's Watch add that to the toll of injured civilians or what?

3 Comments:

  • Such a weird story..and he apparently went to the hospital to cheer him up.
    Sorry I uh shot you.

    That Cheney ....he is a odd one.

    By Blogger bucket, at 6:00 PM  

  • A colleague at my internship told me that some people rejoiced when they figured out that Cheney had shot a republican lawyer!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:56 AM  

  • I used to hunt when I was younger. There is definitely nothing funny about shooting someone accidentally. Doesn't matter whether you like Cheney or not. Someone got hurt and that is never funny. Imagine if you accidentally shot a good, long-time friend of yours and they could of died.

    I feel for both of them. How insensitive we have become as God's children...

    By Blogger Kev, at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home