The Hot Seat

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened. - Winston Churchill

Friday, March 03, 2006

Break Update

For anyone wondering where I've been... two words: Spring Break.

Yes, I am well aware it is still winter. Yet this week was Oakwood College's official Spring Break.

Someone in the administration thought it would be a good gag I guess. Well jokes on them, we had a high of 77 yesterday. It's cooler today but sunny and pleasant.

It's been a wonderful break, which is likely why I didn't post during it, having far too much fun.

Back to work on Monday, I should have something more to gripe about shortly thereafter.

...and I hope you read the Letter as your reading assignment over the break. I'm thinking of provoking a contemporary look at the King philosophy and how very different it is from current American feeling.

I can't help but be reminded of Malcolm X when I here much of the rhetoric in the country surrounding the War on Terrorism.

Not necessarily a bad thing, I just wonder if any has noticed the striking similarities.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home